Prism Optical Chicago COVID-19 Statement
Updated June 9, 2020
As we begin to reopen, we still need to take care not to spread COVID-19. The health and well-being of our employees and patients remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor the daily changes, as well as the recommendations of government officials and local entities.
We are now open for more routine needs (ie. new glasses/sunglasses, lenses) although eye exam slots are limited at this time. We are compiling a waiting list for when exams resume at a more normal pace, so please get in touch and we can add you/your family to our short list.
Please make note of our requirements below to help keep everyone safe. Before entering the store, if any of the below are applicable, we respectfully require you to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- You have had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 or show any symptoms.
- You have a severe headache with fever, loss of taste or smell, Conjunctivitis (especially in both eyes), any lower respiratory symptoms or symptoms of the flu. If this is the case, we recommend you contact your primary care physician.
- If you have been to a large protest 14 days before your appointment and were not able to socially distance, we ask that you reschedule.
- Facial covering or a mask must be worn in the store at all times.
- It is mandatory that we limit the number of people entering our shop to 1 or 2 people, only the patient and essential guardian when required.
- The door will be locked so check-in needs to be done by calling/texting prior to entry.
- We will be doing curbside dispensing whenever possible. We ask that you call/text when you arrive and we will meet you in front.
- To reduce cash or credit cards from exchanging hands, phone payments (online through Zelle and Venmo) are offered at this time.
Eye Exam Appointments – Please Read Carefully:
Eye exams are very limited at this time. To add your name to our waiting list please call, email or text. Fill out our Patient information sheet prior to your exam date. On the day of your exam please arrive 10 minutes early. We will be checking your temperature and pre-screening prior to allowing you into the office. We will NOT be able to help you choose frames the same day. This is for the eye exam only. Please schedule a separate appointment for frames with us, so we can take our time helping you choose that perfect fit. We know that these have been difficult times and Prism Optical Chicago will do everything it can to professionally take care of you and treat you with respect. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Please call: 773-205-6447
Text Only: 773-459-6871